body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

50/126

I'm not sure what did it, but I was very insomniac last night. Maybe the cacao beans? I know they are high in Theobromine, so maybe I should treat them with more respect!

However, in spite of the sleep deficit, I got myself out of bed and straight into a short, hard workout, which consisted of bodyweight squats, walking lunges, pressups and reverse crunches on the ball. Nothing fancy shmancy, just the good stuff. Then I got right into a green smoothie. This one contains:
Almond milk, unflavoured WPC, maca, agave syrup and frozen spinach. Not bad at all. I'm not sure which I like the most - the taste or the feeling of virtuousness that comes over me when I drink something green.

Then I put the oven on low and started my 'learning to dehydrate stuff' mission. Apparently it's so very healthy to 'cook' things at a temperature where the enzymes stay alive. I experimented with kale crisps, which took about 4 hours to dry. I'd rubbed a little olive oil and sea salt into them. They were crunchy. The only problem is that two trays of raw kale creates only a small plate of kale chips. I really need to get a dehydrator if I'm going to continue this sort of m'larky.

I ate the kale chips just before lunch, which was an egg salad with essene bread, nut butter and a crunchy apple. BTW.. I ONLY eat crunchy apples. Uncrunchy apples are just ge-ross and I can't handle them at all. I spit them out.. puh, puh, puh.


About 8 hours after they went into the oven, my kumara chips were ready. Nice, but again, massive shrinkage.

Mid afternoon I also munched some cacao beans with figs and had a decaf soy latte when I was out with my mum for a girly catch up.
Dinner was chicken salad....
Chicken salad is a food that I have a psychological problem with. It harks back to the days when I would gak down a chicken salad at least twice and sometimes up to five times a day, even if I was not hungry or in a restaurant. It's time to get over it. I slow cooked a spring chicken and had a crunchy organic lettuce and it just naturally wanted to be a chicken salad.. with kumara wedges. Then I had an apple.
That's today done and dusted. A good day although I'm attempting now to get a grip on managing myself so that, when I get to 9pm at night I don't still have 4 hours of things that I want to get done. This is my next mission, starting tomorrow. Manage my energy, don't let the day run all over me. Do it with at least a littl bit of style. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment