body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

43/126

Today I have been 100% focused on writing a 2500 word essay about Motivation Theory. It's interesting but my eyes are bugging out from staring at the last paragraph wondering how I can fix it. I think it's time to let go for the night and tomorrow it will all be clear.

Today had a few breakthrough moments. When I'm under pressure and meeting a tight deadline, the urge to snack sometimes gets unbearable. Today I was constantly jumping up and wandering into the kitchen looking for 'that thing' that would relieve the pressure. I decided instead that when that urge hit I'd do a few yoga poses instead. Surprisingly this did work. This is progress.
I started the day with a 20 minute burst on the stat. bike and a soy latte. It did have real coffee in it, but only because I wasted all of my dandelion coffee figuring out how to get it to run in the Saeco. Of course I'd already steamed the milk by the time I rememberd about that. Tomorrow I'll treat myself to another packet of overpriced roasted, ground dandelion root

Late morning I was thinking about making an omelette, but in the spirit of trying 'something else' I created this fruity, nutty concoction instead. It's got apple, half a banana, dried cranberries, figs, walnuts, the tiniest amount of wheat-free cereal (I mean, really tiny, about half a tbsp) and soy milk.
Lunch was a Lara bar, cherry choc.


Then, as I was still feeling hungry, I decided to experiment with joining the whole spinach smoothie craze that is sweeping the blogosphere. I saw it on Skwiggs blog but I've been very nervous about trying it. I used just one cube of frozen spinach, some WPC, agave nectar, maca half a tbsp nut butter and half a frozen banana. It was surprisingly ok. With an exercise of imagination I could detect the spinach-ness, but it wasn't off-putting. I may try it tomorrow with two cubes of frozen green stuff. Wild times.


At this stage it occurred to me that I'd had an almost vegan day (discounting the WPC), which is so unusual as to be a first for me. I wasn't aiming for that, it just happened. Dinner was meaty. I made a beef tangine with mashed kumara and parsnip mash, pumpkin, fava beans.



After dinner I was in danger of raiding the icecream but instead I threw together a healthier treat - banana, dried cranberries, a little almond butter and agave syrup. So yummy, and really too easy.

Tomorrow you should find me in a good mood, as always hits when I finally hand in a killer assignment. My neck/back is feeling much better after a day of typing at an ergonomically set up station and I should be good for some exercise, or perhaps shoppercise, depending on how the day goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment