body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

21/126

This morning I elected to take a rest day. I'm aiming for five workouts a week, with at least two being HIIT cardio. So, today being Tuesday, that's one done, four more to go! Tomorrow I will do a lower body and yoga session.

Sadly, there is no foodcam today, which is primarily because I was deep in my study bubble and didn't really have any inspiring meals to photograph. It was nearly all protein and veges, which has to be a good thing.

1. A boiled egg, small amount of essene bread and a cup of pineapple cubes. Pineapple is high in Bromelain, which inhibits inflammation. In the BTD for arthritis book, pineapple is a super-beneficial food and I will make a point to eat it more often.

2. Lamb shank and veges, a fig.

3. Cup of pineapple cubes, some leftover lamb shank, 25g raw chocolate

4. Fish and a huge amount of veges. I was still feeling hungry afterward and so constructed a dessert which was some essene bread (it is naturally quite sweet) with a banana and some cherry jam. I drizzled some agave syrup over it and this chased away my post-dinner munchies.

Yesterday when my aunt was visiting she grabbed some of my essene bread to try it. The response was a very screwed up face and a firm 'YUK!'. I guess it's not for everyone then! I really like it though and, in fact, I'm gathering the stuff I need to have a go at making some. How hard can it be? (famous last words?)

Well, tomorrows the big day when I weigh in and see if this nutrition plan is turning me into an elephant or a slinky sylph. I really have no idea, so it will be interesting either way. Stand by for a REAL tantrum if I'm gaining weight. I can't help myself, it's an involuntary reaction to rising numbers on the scale. Just warning ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment