body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Sunday, September 13, 2009

33/126

This is going to be a short post because I'm on the clock at the overpriced internet point.  We do have wi-fi in the cabin, BUT my laptop is throwing a fit and The Programmer is trying to fix it (perks of having a Programmer).

The hardest part of travelling for me is being a passenger in the car.  I get bored to death and it's a struggle not to just munch.  Before we left I ate some essene bread with an egg and nut butter, then pretty much got in the car and dreamed of lunchtime. When the moment arrived we found a country pub that did a good roast.. I requested no potatoes and left behind the cheese-drenched leeks.  Then I had a chocolate fish from the most unusually placed chocolate shop.. right there in little 'ol Geraldine.  Mid afternoon I had a Lara bar and a banana and finally we made it to our destination and I could get out of the car and do some walking! I did some yoga on the shores of Lake Tekapo and then some study.  It's wonderful to be out of the city, peace and quiet, beautiful scenery.

Tonight we walked into Tekapo. Hmm, it's pretty dark in the country without street lights, huh?  We found, of all things, a Thai restaurant and I got a starter of grilled chicken and a main of ginger stirfried prawns and veges.  It was SHINY with oil but I was really hungry and ate it all anyway.  Tomorrow I'm going to try and forget about food until I get hungry. Way too much of that 'waiting for the next meal' feeling today. 

Hopefully we can get my lappy fixed and I'll be able to post some pics over on Sanaworld. 

No comments:

Post a Comment