body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Monday, September 28, 2009

48/126

Today had the potential to go rather seriously off the rails, but, instead of throwing myself in a recklessly crazy manner from the wagon, I decided to just let myself be a little bit bad. It all started when dinner was made and my dinner was looking pretty darn unexciting when compared the The Programmers dinner which was this:

I didn't actually want a white-bunned burger, but I was feeling a bit bummed out that my kumara wedges were far from ready and my meal was looking like a lamb burger and salad. In fact it was a lamb burger and salad, and broccoli (wooohooooo). So I pimped my meal a little bit with things I wouldn't usually eat. I fried an egg and put a slice of cheddar between the egg and the burger, then I spooned some thick mayo onto my broccoli and added some essene bread with nut butter. So it looked a bit better:


Then when my kumara wedges were ready, I had them and followed up with an apple and a really decadent hot chocolate, which is made with organic cocoa, agave syrup, almond milk and a humungous handful of marshmallows. That completely clobbered those pesky 'give me something naughty' cravings.

Earlier in the day I had indulged in some organic, raw chocolate. So.. I guess it was just one of those days. Quite bad, but not really disastrous. It's certainly a far cry from the days when I was incapable of anything that vaguely resembled the middle ground between perfection and the binge.

This morning I hopped on the scale to see what's happening with my weight. I've lost about a kg since I started, which is very slow fatloss. However, I've lost 1% bodyfat, which is good and, what's even better is I'm not counting any calories and hardly ever think about my weight or my size at all. It's very liberating. My intention now is to cut back a little bit on concentrated foods like the nut butter, chocolate and essene bread, get some more exercise into my days (today I did yoga) and just generally edge it all towards more veges, more water and fibre foods and more time doing fun stuff that is not my previous favourite passtime of eating. I've made a 'no eating in the new office' rule, which should stop mindless munching. My mind is always on the long-term. I've done quick weightloss and it's not what I need right now. I need slow and steady.


No comments:

Post a Comment