body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, September 12, 2009

32/126

No piccies today! I did take one of my newly invented smoothie.. but you've probably seen enough smoothie pictures. It's not that one is noticeably different from the previous one.

Breakfast today was a bit of leftover chicken from last night, some essene bread and a mini-apple. Then we went 'out and about' and it was getting close to lunchtime when we went into a swanky looking cafe in Merivale Mall (that's the poshest Mall in Chch - you don't want to actually buy anything there, just look). The selection was particularly dire, so I had a Green Tea and told myself that nobody starved to death between breakfast and lunch, even though the anxiety was setting in (what if we get a flat tyre on the way home??). The strange thing is that by the time we DID get home, I no longer felt all that hungry and had a pineapple/protein/maca smoothie for lunch. It had a whole can of pineapple chunks in it and my blender struggled, but it was delicious. Hard to get up the straw though...

Mid afternoon I had a boiled egg, some essene bread, a raw carrot and only two squares of organic raw chocolate. Oh, the impressive self control! I'm training myself that you do not have to eat 40g to get a chocolate experience. Later, about 5pm I was feeling that 'really want to munch' urge in my brain, but not in my stomach. I decided to go for a walk, which turned into a much longer walk than anticipated because some ninny had tried to go under a low bridge with a digger on his trailer. The digger had ended up on it's (bent up) scoop with it's back wheels stuck in the underside of the bridge. There were a lot of perplexed looking police and interested passersby milling around. I decided to go down the other side of the river instead of the more direct route home and it was significantly longer.. maybe an hours walking all up.

Dinner was a seriously overcooked venison shank. I need to improve my deer cooking skills. It always dries out and tonights was the definition of 'old boot'. I soldiered through most of it, happy for the huge salad on the side. I also had a banana and an apple. Then a little essene bread with almond butter.

Then I had to get some work done, which took me to about 10.30pm and the hungries started again. I grabbed a few walnuts and had another raw carrot. I wonder how many carrots you have to eat to get Beta Carotene overload and turn orange? I'm sure I'm heading that way, maybe it will be mistaken for a ski-tan once I get to Queenstown in a few days.

Ok, ciao belli/e, I'm packed and ready to hit the road early tomorrow. First stop is Tekapo. It's not exactly the back of beyond so it should be easy to find a net-cafe and update the blogs. I'm also taking my laptop. Who knows? Perhaps camping has gone wi-fi? One can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment