body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Sunday, September 13, 2009

34/126

I’m just racing off for dinner and am not sure what that will be yet, but today has had it’s ups and downs to this point! I didn’t sleep well, which always does crazy things to my appetite, then I was just settling down to some essene bread and a home-made protein bar when the Programmer got back from his (VERY) early morning sunrise photo shoot and announced we were off to get breakfast. I settled on the scrambled eggs, after questioning the serving lady about what they put in them (cream) and requesting a lower fat version (no cream thanks). I’m not sure what they did but the result was very milky tasting and also huge. The chef and waitress probably did a mutual eyebrow raise and doubled the cream just to teach me not to be a picky eater! I ate half the serve.

We then drove the Mt Cook. I got some great photos but, once again, I’m speed typing and don’t have time to upload. Sorry chickies. Lunch was a Lara bar, tea with soymilk and a bite of that divine cream cheese frosting from someone elses carrot cake. Lunch lacked. I’ve got an assignment to complete. It’s quite nice sitting in the cabin, looking at the lake and typing, but after a couple of hours of hard thinking the boredom and ravenous munchies hit and I raided the cooler for essene bread, figs, pumpkin seeds and another Lara bar. It was a bit of a lapse, even if everything eaten was compliant. Oh, and a can of pineapple. I got out my trusty food neurosis analysis journal and figured out that, duh, perhaps it was time for a break and a walk by the lake.

My plan for dinner is to try and get a grilled fish or something else light, with veges. As this IS small town NZ, it might be a stretch, but I’ll give it a go. Fingers xx’d.

No comments:

Post a Comment