body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Friday, September 11, 2009

31/126

Fridays are my traditional 'relax a little and have a few wines' day. Usually this evolves into a few too many wines and then an attack of the chocolates. Today, as I'm not drinking, I hardly knew what to do with myself when my Mum popped around for her Friday night wine and whine session. We've had a lot of stress lately and sometimes it's good to have a good bitch and moan in the comfort of your home. I told her 'Mum, I've given up drinking because it gives me anxiety problems' and, of course, she completely missed the point and told me that she had been reading about people that get depressed when they cut down the carbohydrates too much and overexercise. ..

So, we sat down and drank sparkling water with a little bit of ginger mixer in it. Because I wasn't drinking, she didn't either. This is probably good for both of us, healthwise. Oh, except I'd just started my cardio when she turned up, so that was another fail in the exercise dept. Otherwise the day went well. I had an early appointment and noticed that, either because of the non-drinking or because of the healthy diet, my mind felt like it was functioning more smoothly than I'm used to. I was (as usual) addressing my clients ad. lib. but didn't get stuck for words, as often happens. I felt positively brainy. Also, twice today I laughed out loud at things, which felt great - strange, but great. It's been a long time since I had any spontaneous laughter. But, now it's back! Cross-fingers I can stay the course and get my happies back for good!

Eating was fine. I had to break out the near-binge journal before dinner. Just after my mum left, I found myself wanting to eat some essene bread with nut butter and chocolate, and so I did. It wasn't hard to figure out what was going on, it's Friday, I'm nervy about the upcoming trip, let's splurge. Quite a minor result for a Friday though.

Breakfast was the usual egg, essene bread construction. I cut back on the essene bread and had a banana on the side. Omega 3's and Glucosamine.

Lunch was leftover meatloaf and some chicken meatballs with veges. I also had 20g chocolate and a small apple. And, an espresso. The habit is proving harder to re-kick than I'd anticipated. I really want to be caffeine-free. Working on it.

Mid afternoon I grilled a fish fillet with fava beans and veges. Two small apples (they are mini, kid-sized ones). I also went shopping for travel supplies. Tomorrow I will make a batch of protein bars to take also. In my case, it's best to be overprepared.

Dinner was .. um.. a thing. It involved chicken thighs, kumara and parsnip all cooked in a vege broth. I also made a salad and steamed broccoli. After dinner I had another mini apple.Tomorrow I'll be in preparation mode for the trip but I'll try and get a pre-travel blog done. I'll also try and update either here or at Sanaworld while I'm off seeing the sights of the South. Yay for the plug in, backseat cooler. It may whirr like a large refrigerator, and shake, but it symbolises my peace of mind and, for that, I can handle an earthquake in the back for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment