body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Thursday, October 1, 2009

51/126

Today I was up early and into it. I knew I had to get a lot of work out of the way early because I was a woman on a mission. I had a plan to make some major mess in the kitchen. I achieved my goal beyond all expectation.

I need to mention first that I made a fab smoothie this morning, but for some reason my breakfast photo and dinner photo were not able to be retrieved from the card. My compact flash needs a format. I smoothied up some almond milk, almond butter, WPC (unflavoured), cocao beans, frozen bananas and a pinch of stevia. It gave me quite a buzz. I think I have the Theobromine gene. Who needs caffeine anyway?

My sprouts had sprouted and this was the reason for my mania. They needed to be made into essene bread and I wanted to see if I could find a better way to mash them.

First I tried the electric Kenwood attachment. It was a fail. I ended up with sprouts all over the bench, not to mention becoming all red-faced and flustered and.. the language? Luckily I was alone... Then I tried the hand mincer and it just didn't work, it's designed for mincing meat and couldn't get the sprouts mashed at all. So I took a deep breath, spoke to the electric mincer and told it I would conquer. It took some kiwi ingenuity. For some reason, the tube where you feed the sprouts in sticks out to the side. Maybe it works for meat or something more robust, but little sprouty things just fall all over the place. I had to rig up a bowl to catch the escapees, then invented a system involving a glass bottle that kept the sprouts feeding in nicely. Voila!

It worked beautifully. I then mushed the mashed sprouts into a flat shape and cut it into bread-like rectangles. Then dehydrated them for five hours.


Ta daaaaah! Even better than a bought one.

Once the essene bread was on it's way, I had a go with mincing up some dried fruit, nuts and cacao nibs. I formed the resulting gluey mess into balls. Then I melted some raw chocolate on low heat and rolled the balls in that. These were a grande successo. It's tempting to eat a few too many and worth remembering that, healthy though they may be, dried fruit and nuts is still a very concentrated combination. Mucho delicious calories.

I woke up with some pretty intensive aching muscles from yesterdays workout, so it was with some pouty face whinging that I agreed to accompany The Programmer for an after work bike ride. It was fun, except that I had to make my point that you don't have to ride up hills just because they are there. It can also be fun to ride, you know, on the flat. The Programmer is an experienced biker and his definition of just a little hill could be considered a wild underestimation. However, I'm keen for another try tomorrow, depending on how sore my poor surprised quads are!



No comments:

Post a Comment