body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

49/126

I'm going to start with dinner pics. The only reason for this is that moving photos around in the blogger window to get them in the right order is quite frustrating. If anyone knows an easy way to do it, please enlighten me.
Dinner was a sort of burger made with portobello mushrooms as buns. In the middle is a poached egg and some grilled fish. There are also some pumpkin crisps, a mega salad with honey mustard dressing, essene bread and nut butter and broccoli.
After dinner I had a dandelion coffee with almond milk and some erythritol.

The salad. Organic lettuce (watch out for slugs and caterpillars, wash well!), non-organic rocket, carrots and 'sea vegetables'. I could never call it 'seaweed' or The Programmer might start shunning my green creations.


And now, back to the future..er.. past.

This morning I slept in. I woke up at the usual time, then fell back asleep was re-awoken only when my little black and white cat did his usual routine of purring into my ear. I decided to take a day off work, which is a very rare thing. As I'm self-employed and I study, I can get into the bad habit of never taking a day off. As it was, I ended up sitting around yakking about health with someone for hours anyway, cos' that's just the way it is when you've been involved in health nuttiness for 20 years.

Brunch was leftovers:

Then I headed out to do my shopping. While mooching around in the organic shop I found raw, organic cacao beans, which I've been beyond curious about. Having tried one in the car, I was wondering if I'd just made a very expensive mistake. They taste kind of yukky. Once I got home I experimented with running them through the electric mincer with some dried fruit and I think that's going to work. More experimentation needed.
While shopping I had a Tama Toa bar and an apple. It's a 'jazz' apple, very crunchy.
Instead of exercise today I did a motherload of housework, including giving the fridge a once-over. How quickly it gets manky in there! I also started some rye sprouts sprouting for my next go at making essene bread. I swiped my mums kenwood food processor, which she never uses. It's an oldy but it has the aforementioned mincer and I think this will be great for mashing my sprouts.
I'm feeling a bit snackish now and think I'll go discover an organic banana in the kitchen and then hit the sack with Dan Brown ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment