body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, September 5, 2009

25/126

Today was go, go, go from the moment I woke up. It was very much a 'making it work' day.

I was woken up by the Programmer, who was already up and wanted to go shopping (OK!). I quickly boiled an egg so that I could make my usual breakfast of egg, essene bread and walnut butter. We had to take the car for servicing in preparation of the upcoming road trip, so there was quite a bit of walking into town and then around town.

At lunchtime we were near Starbucks so I went for the Perfect Oatmeal again, with a soy cappuccino. Mid afternoon I was back at home and grinding my way through that assignment, which is now sooo very close to being finished (honestly, did anyone ever make such a fuss about getting through an undergraduate degree??). I grabbed some organic raw chocolate and an apple.

Right before dinner I went out for another walk, just to move and clear my head then I made a semi-curry. Instead of curry powder I just used cumin and turmeric. I sauteed a large onion in a saucepan then added some beef, lots of kumara (sweet potato), mushrooms and a can of pineapple. Unfortunately I burned it and had to transfer it from the saucepan to a ceramic dish and stick it in the oven. I served it with lots of broccoli and a few glasses of organic red wine. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment