body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

42/126

I've passed the magical 40 day mark, like Jesus in the desert (or, in my case, dessert?) and it feels like I am making progress. I managed an entire week away from my controlled home environment and did not go into a foodie panic for more than a few moments at a time. I also managed to stay nightshade-free, although I wasn't too strict on myself otherwise. I even achieved a few miraculous things, like just taking a few bites of brioche and avoiding alcohol for five nights out of seven. I wasn't perfect, I had some coffees and one icecream sundae, but maybe this is what normal eating is all about? Being imperfect, but not disastrously so.

I've got a couple of pics from the last couple of days. Firstly, the delicious fruity, ricey, chicken thing that I made last night. I adapted it from this recipe on about.com. I left out the orange juice (not good for my arthritis) and used agave nectar instead. Very yummo. I had the leftovers for lunch today.

This purple drink was yesterdays brekky. It's got soymilk, whey protein, maca, blueberries, almond butter and raw UMF honey in it.

Today I am once again in my head-down-bum-up assignment writing mode, and did allow myself a few of these for the sake of my focus and concentration. After two, I knew I'd had enough and switched back to my trusty herbal teas.

I also had half of one of these locally made Tama Toa bars, which I found at Piko Wholefoods yesterday. It's a raw food chocolate bar with all sorts of fruity, nutty bits. It's about the same calories as a supermarket chocolate bar, but with 1000% more goodness and six times the price. It was worth it. Gimmee, gimmee.



Later I finally figured out how to use Dandelion coffee, which is just roasted, milled dandelion root, in my espresso machine. Lo! A dandelion long black with a touch of soy milk. I have a carton of soy milk to use and then I'm going to have a go at making my own oat and almond milk. I'm sure I'll manage to blow something up. It's sure to be interesting.


Dinner tonight was a fish soup, leftovers from Sunday night. I threw in a bunch of veges and some chicken meatballs to 'beef' it up. The Programmer got sobu noodles in his, but I saw at the last minute that the buckwheat ones have regular wheat as one of the ingredients, and so I refrained. Wheat is OFF the BTD. The soup was just fine without the noodlys.



I did a very short workout today and twinged something in my upper back while doing tricep extensions with the medicine ball. I aggravated the old OOS problem while on holiday by using my laptop in unusual positions and now I'm paying for it! The only treatment is to rest it and usually it only takes a few days to settle. Tomorrow I'll see if my rye sprouts are ready to be made into essene bread. I have to invent some means of partially grinding them first. You'll be the first (and maybe the only) to know how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment