body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, September 26, 2009

47/126

This morning I tried my morning dandelion coffee with almond milk. It didn't exactly work. The almond milk frothed rather dramatically, which was fine, but once added to the dandelion coffee it sort of curdled and separated out in some weird food chemistry reaction. With stirring, it would become coffee-like again, but then in about a minute it was back to the weirdness. I did drink it, but I'm not sure if I'll repeat the experiment.

Late lunch was another attempt at an omelette, this time even less successful than the last one! I'm not sure that almond milk works in omelettes either, or it could be that I try and add too many veges. Anyway it tasted fine, I can handle a bit of falling apart-ness.



Mid afternoon we headed out to pick up some wood for the fire and I grabbed half an organic, raw chocolate bar - about 25g worth. It had gogi and camu camu berries in it. Google informs me that camu camu is a rainforest berry with all sorts of super duper beneficial health effects, but I still eat those bars for their chocolate content. Later in the afternoon I had a Ginger Snap Lara bar.

I did not exercise per se today but there was some rushing around and some wood chucking. I dedicated myself to getting some work out of the way that had been left hanging from the week that I went away. This is important for my peace of mind. Now I've got all but one of my assignments for the year done and I'm where I should be with work docs. Therefore, there is no excuse not to get my five training sessions in this week.

Dinner was a delectable lamb chop with fava beans, pumpkin and broccoli. I was still kind of hungry after that so had an apple and a banana with some nut butter and agave syrup. Nut butter is one of those foods that I'm really careful about. It's so easy to eat 300-400 calories of it and not even notice because it's so calorie dense. I treat it with respect in the portion control phase, and then I munch it down with relish.

Tomorrow, the beginnings of the essene bread experiment, round TWO.

No comments:

Post a Comment