body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Monday, September 7, 2009

27/126 NCR

Grrr. I seem to be doing 'confessional' posts far more often than the 'I kicked ass today' ones and I'm not liking it, which is part of the point of having a blog, I guess! Get it out there!

Although everything I ate today was technically ON PLAN, I just ate far too much of it. The stress/eating connection I can really see coming through and I have to start developing some strategies. The eating started as I was comtemplating going to a meeting with someone I have a lot of negative history with. I would rather just never see this person, but it was a business necessity. On the way home from that meeting I was so pre-occupied with 'upset thoughts' that I ran a red light and nearly caused a major accident. That's the first time I have EVER even come close to causing an accident and it did absolutely nothing to calm my already fragile state. Nor did the abuse from the driver I nearly slammed into, although I can see that her tirade was completely justified. I'm just so bloody lucky that there was nobody coming from the right or I definitely wouldn't be here to whine about excess consumption of roasted pumpkin kernels. Don't stress and drive.

The good of today was that I once again had a fabulous training session (HIIT cardio) and that I got up early and made something of the day Also, I didn't go for the biscuits and everything so maybe I'm being too hard on myself. My mum came for dinner, so there was wine and dessert (I had a banana with agave syrup) and slack arse watching of CSI Miami + more wine... you get the picture.

What I need is to get some momentum going. Tomorrow marks the end of the first month. I've made small progress and the best I can hope for in month two is to improve on that. ;) Like I said, I'm in no real hurry here. I need to work my way through the practicalities and the forming of habits so that I don't spring back to fatness. I accepted from the start that there would be bad days, but, if I'm on the right track there should be fewer of them as time goes by!

No comments:

Post a Comment