body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Monday, August 31, 2009

20/126

Well, I feel like my little speed bump is in the rear view mirror and I'm back in the groove. This morning I got up and straight on the stationary bike for 20 mins HIIT. I did 10.6kms which was 0.6kms more than the last two sessions. I'm going to set a habit of exercising first thing. I think it's a great way to set myself up for the day and also... well, then it's done and I don't have it hanging in mid-air as something I have to make time for later.

Eating today involved quite a bit of venison, which is a beneficial food for Type O's. Yesterday I crock-potted a couple of venison shanks but we didn't eat them because we were invited to my Grandmas for takeaways. So, that accounts for the unusual first two meals.

Firstly, a picture of yesterdays smoothie. I forgot to blog it, in my late-night fuzzy brained state.

Breakfast today, post cardio, was some venison slices on essene bread.

Lunch was some chopped up venison with lots of steamed veges and a raw carrot. I drizzled a tsp of olive oil on this, it was ok. Average.

Mid-afternoon I was very snacky and had an apple, a raw carrot and some nut butter on essene bread. I made the stunning discovery that walnut butter is about 700 calories per 100grams. That's way more than chocolate and more than any other nut butter I've ever encountered. However, as I no longer eat it by the tablespoon (what? who hasn't done that at some stage?), I think I'm ok. Walnuts are super-beneficial on Blood Type Diet for Arthritis. They are also a nut that contains some Omega 3 fatty acids.

Um, I had some visitors late afternoon and 'may' have had an espresso and 25g chocolate. Possibly... but there is no photo to prove it, therefore it's just heresay.

I then made a pilgrimage to the health food shop for some more essene bread, but they were OUT (arrrgh!). I did get some more raw chocolate though and a bottle of organic wine for tonight.

As this was the only bottle that fell even remotely close to my price range, I was worried that it might be undrinkable crap, but it wasn't. It was not a 'big red', but it was what I'd call spirited and spicy. It was certainly popular with the other dinner guests. I know, I know, that's twice that I've broken my 'no drinking' rule. Pfft. I don't even know what to say.

The meal turned out to be roast pork (an 'avoid') and various roast veges, most of which were either cooked in butter or oil. I just made the best choices possible. It was really nice that, because they know I am on a knightshade-free diet, they cooked the potatoes separately from the other roast veges. Aw... group hug.

Tomorrow is the last day before my first weigh in, so I'll try to be perfect ;) It will be very interesting to see how my weight is behaving. I don't feel any thinner, however, as my jeans shrunk in the wash, it's a bit hard to be sure about it! I'm just glad to be at day 21, that's the hardest part done!

No comments:

Post a Comment