body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Thursday, August 20, 2009

9/126

I woke up today feeling absolutely shocking! I'd better backtrack a bit. Last night, after posting my daily update I had another glass of wine and then another half glass, and then a couple of bananas with agave syrup and some chocolate. I was feeling quite loose, but not really drunk and so I first thought that this mornings pounding head was a totally unjustified major food+wine hangover.

As the morning progressed. however, and I began to feel much worse, started to get the chills, an even worse headache and then nausea, I concluded that well.. it's not a hangover at all. I'm sick. Still. I cancelled my client appointment, took my anti-virals (Lysine, olive leaf, vit C, zinc) and went back to bed until lunchtime. Needless to say, training did not happen and food was average. Nothing bad, it was a compliant day, but I didn't count calories or record what I ate. At about 3pm I got a call from Piko to say my essene bread was in (yay!) so I made a quick trip there, trying not to breathe on anyone, and picked up some raw chocolate while I was there. The raw chocolate is heavenly and definitely perked me up.

Sickness seems to do strange things to my appetite and so I'm trying not to be hard on myself about the overeating last night. I mean, I can't really beat myself up for bananas and agave syrup. If I'd gone for the packet of biscuits in the cupboard then maybe I could feel guilty, but I didn't, and I don't. I think my body needed the extra.

Tonight I'm feeling a lot better, just a slight lingering headache. My nose is almost clear, my tummy feels ok, I think I'll be right tomorrow. I have made a decision though. I've got my mum coming for dinner tomorrow night so I'll allow a glass of wine, but after that I'm going teetotal until the end of my first 6 weeks. I feel like the break will do me good and also help with keeping the nutrition on track. Now that I've discovered raw chocolate I may decide to switch vices anyway! It's expensive enough to be a wine substitute, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment