body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Friday, August 21, 2009

10/126

This is officially yesterdays update, but I missed blogging last night because my mum came for dinner and, besides chatting on Skype to my sister for quite some time, she then exercised her terrible influence and fed me several glasses of red wine ;) Not too many, but at 1am when we finally finished up, my blogging mojo was M.I.A.

Yesterday I took some foody pics, a habit which I plan to keep up, and I trained:

Upper body Wii-fit training session:

You will notice some wii-fit exercises here which do require further explanation for non-wii-fit'ers. You can see videos of them here. Obviously, but adding dumbbells and so on, I am improvising beyond the original idea of the exercises.

3 sets each of

* 'Single leg extension' with bicep curl (5kg dumbbell)

* Pressups (I was supersetting these while my wii was doing it's between exercise faffing around). I don't like the pressup that is part of wii-fit because the board is not wide enough and it hurts my wrists.

* 'Sideways leg lift' with 45degree delt raise (5kg db)

* Reverse flye on the ball (2 x 4kg db's) - again supersetting

Yoga:

Palm tree
Sun salute
Half moon
Breakfast: Egg and walnut butter on essene bread



Lunch: Grilled fish on pumpkin and fava beans. Fava beans are a super beneficial food in the BTD for arthritis book. Luckily I don't hate them as much as I did when I was a child. And, 2 squares organic, raw chocolate.

Mid afternoon snack. I was rushing around madly and just threw a few things together. A cold boiled egg that I'd cooked in the morning, some figs, chocolate, a raw carrot. It all looks a bit odd there on the plate like that, but it was what I felt like eating.


Dinner was a roast chicken with kumara wedges, salad, green veges and several glasses of red wine. Starting today I'm having a little alcohol detox, probably a month. At least three weeks. This is more to do with the fact that even one glass of wine seems to drop my energy level the next day and I want to see what happens if I'm completely alcohol free. It's definitely not something I plan to keep up into infinity, but I do plan to master 'moderation' when I re-introduce myself to the Mr Vino.
Calories: About 1900.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were posting all this madness! Also: !!! I check your blog ALL the time, and all of a sudden I go a week without posting and, BAM. Look at all them posts! Awesome. I'm a food-cam WHORE, by the way, so keep at it. Everything looks delish. My mouth waters at the small squares of chocolate snuck into the mix and also at the wine glass, nevermind what it's filled with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er... that should have read, "...I go a week without CHECKING..." Forget it. Too late, baby. Kiss kiss!

    ReplyDelete