body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Prequel - I want my Herbal Tea

I've had three out of the last four days as 'very relaxed eating days' (read: ate pretty much anything I felt like) and after that little visit to the dark side, I'm more than ready to repent, for the following reasons:

* I feel really chubby, waterlogged and .. er.. fat. I know I'm not, but I feel squishier and it doesn't please me.
* My joints are aching. My hip, knee, neck and big toe joints are aching. I remember being like this before I started the blood-type diet for arthritis, but had forgotten how bad it feels to be rusting up. I don't actually know which food group causes this, but it's probably a combination of inflammatory things.
* My lower back and muscles around the left hip (the non-arthritic one) are aching too.
* I'm tired and having trouble focusing. Very 'unmotivated'.
* I've got a SORE THROAT, arrrgh. Having stayed well for the past few months while everyone else got sick, I'm convinced that this is due to the increased sugar consumption. What a dumb thing to do!

It's funny how just a few months of healthy eating made me forget how bad I used to feel! Now I remember, but I want to forget again. So, tomorrow starts the first three weeks, then I'll do a weigh in and see how it's going. I'm also raising my goal calorie average to 1800 because perhaps I was aiming too high (low?). I'm not aiming for quick weightloss, just a steady progression. I want to get my weight down by about 5 or 6kg over the next six months to a year, so it's not necessary to cut calories dramatically. I'll see how it looks at day 21 and every three weeks after that. This morning I was 61kg, 30.3% bodyfat.

As per the last attempt, I'll be tracking for 18 weeks (126 days) then I'll see how it goes. I might go for one year. I found this paleo diet blog which went for a year and then the blogger decided he had said enough. I might do that, it's open ended right now, let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment