body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, August 29, 2009

18/126

Yesterday I took a day off from study, work, blog, everything, just to relax and try and get my brain back. The main problem is that when I get stressed, I suffer insomnia. After a few nights of that I'm pretty useless and can't handle much. Today I'm much better and planning on getting to bed at a reasonable hour. Hopefully, with a bit of pre-bed relaxation, I'll be able to sleep!

Eating yesterday was fine, no problem. I didn't record it but it was a fully compliant BTD day. I've also just been reading 'The Paleolithic Diet' which has reminded me to eat far more veges. It's pretty easy really - avoid dairy, grains and starchy veges as much as possible. Eat lean proteins and lots of non-starchy veges and fruit.

Today I started with a green omlette (no feta) for breakfast. Then, a few hours later, I 'found myself' at Theobroma where I ordered a dark hot chocolate made with soy milk. That was at about 1pm so you could say it was lunch ;-/ About 4pm I had some sardines on essene bread, an apple and a raw carrot.
Dinner was highly vegelicious, as you can see in the pic. It's mostly grilled veges. There's also some lean grilled beef in there somewhere. After dinner I had a fig and a banana. Calories were at 1000 before dinner, so the day will be somewhere in the 1600-1800 calorie mark. I've had a think about calorie counting and decided that I really need to take a more relaxed approach to it, maybe not even 'do numbers' every day. The reason is that more than one overeating episode has been triggered off by feeling deprived because I was hungry but was getting very close to my calorie limit for the day. Also, I've noticed that if I accidentally undereat because I wasn't ravenous that day, then I feel I should eat more to get closer to my calorie goal. I'd like to be a little less aware of the 'daily countdown' to the zero point. It's a work in progress, but my goal is to eventually have zero anxiety about eating or not eating. It's only food, no need to get crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment