body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

7/126

I have ordered my essene bread. Three loaves, one wheat, two rye, roll on Friday!.

I have a confession. Ahem. Today I had an espresso,which is definitely in the 'back away slowly' category on the BTD for Type O's. It wasn't even that good. I think my caffeine gene might have gone into hibernation. Either that or my flu-invoked 'head stuffed with sand' state was just beyond the help of anything non-pharmaceutical. Actually I'm better today than I was yesterday, but I rested as much as possible, didn't train. I'm sure one little espresso in three months won't rustify my joints overnight. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Today was completely dairy free but did feature 20g dark chocolate and one glass of red wine. It went like this:

1. Green omlette (sans feta), 3g Omega 3
2. Grilled hoki (white fish), mashed kumara, brocolli, 3x 750 mg glucosamine
3. Apple, carrot, 2 chicken drumsticks - skin on.
4. Baked kumara and artichoke, rocket salad, steamed kale, glass of wine, 2 chicken drumsticks - skin off. I know that the Nourishing Traditions lady says saturated fat is all ok, but I'm not 100% convinced. High cholesterol runs in my family and when it's been there, so has heart disease, so I'm not all for recklessly munching down the animal fat.

After dinner: 1 fig, 20g dark chocolate. This was totally delicious. I've become very attached to dried figs. Eaten with a square of dark chocolate (85%) there is nothing better. I'm looking around to see if I can find an 80% or higher chocolate that's made with raw cocoa. I feel a bit of raw foodism creeping in, who knows what sort of yoga-loving, student hippie I'll be in a few months.

Calories: 1750

I don't feel like I've lost any weight, but I'll do a weigh in on day 21 and, if it's not going in the right direction I'll adjust calories down slightly and turn the activity dial up. Tomorrow is an upper body workout and I'll get some yoga in too. Two days of concentrated writing (it's assignment time!) has driven my shoulders up into my ears and I need to fix that by getting my stretch on and letting my mind drift to that happy yoga place.

No comments:

Post a Comment