body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Monday, August 24, 2009

13/126

Lucky day 13!

1. Blueberry smoothie with rice protein and agave syrup. This was surely up there on the health scale but the grittiness of the rice protein didn't work out that well in a smoothie. It was drinkable and tasted nice but the texture.. I'm not so sure about the texture.


2. Lunch. A meat, brocolli and fava bean casserole-type thing with essene bread and an apple.


3. My mid afternoon snack. This was delish. A mix of raw chocolate, figs and pepitas (pumpkin kernels). I put it in a wine glass for atmosphere, seeing as my wine glasses are not experiencing any actual wine right now.

4. I was in the middle of constructing a rather ambitious dinner when the Programmer arrived home and reminded me that we had to go to the hospital to visit his mum, whom had shoulder reconstruction surgery today. So I carefully stowed my half prepared food in the fridge and we got curry on the way home. On account of nightshades, I got the creamy mango curry again, which, as I've already discussed is frighteningly high in calories and contains dairy. I had been voting for a kebab instead but we went in search of one only to find that all kebab shops are closed on a Monday. Curry it was.


Training happened:

Wii-fit
Squats - 3 x 45 bodyweight. For some reason I got a fabulous score of zero on my first set. Sometimes on wii-fit if you are not standing still when it is taking the initial centre of gravity measurement, things go awry. It's so lovely the way the trainer tells you gently that perhaps you're not ready for this difficult exercise but he will always 'be there' when you want to give it another try.

He's just always there for me, any time of the day or night. I feel he really understands me and relates to my needs. Who requires unaccommodating real friends?

Shoulderstand - yoga move which also works the abs quite well if you do it correctly
Bridge
Reverse crunch on ball. This was a non- wii-fit exercise. There are not that many good ab exercises on wii-fit, unless you want to do a bazillion jacknives. There are 'planks' which is a nice hard exercise, but today I was in the mood to really feel the ab burn).

Yoga moves
Crocodile twist
Downward dog
King of the Dance

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete