body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

14/126 - NCR*

I'm very sorry, but today I did not break out the foodcam. Today was one of those days where I did not quite get it together all day and then had a mad food craving and ate a couple of bowls of Oatibix in the mid afternoon. Then, not quite hungry for dinner, I snacked on pumpkin seeds and chocolate throughout the evening. It wasn't a great eating day, in fact, it was a fail, especially since the grain consumption was a bit excessive. At least I did not hit the alcohol or the caffeine, so not an 'E', maybe just a 'D' grade day, needs a lot of improvement.

It is probably no coincidence that my mad snacking co-occurred with some family stress that I got dragged into as peacekeeper. This interefered with my study time which made me feel all 'grrrrrr', and I just didn't handle the whole situation in a very self-empowering manner - still I've had 13 good days and I don't feel like it's going to be a big deal so.. no need to bleat on. Let's see how things work out in a week when I do my first weigh in! *sweaty palms*.

I did make two foodie discoveries today:

1. Essene bread. I'd been estimating my essene bread calories at 130-150 calories per 100g, based on various sources from around the internet, including the BTD Typebase. Today I got an email from Thompsons, that make the Essene Bread that I buy, answering my question about the nutritional values of the wheat and rye 'cob' loaves. I plonked their document on the server here. As you can see, I was out by more than 100 calories per 100g, which adds up to quite a bit over a day, maybe up to 300 calories, which definitely puts me into maintenance intake.

2. The Loving Earth raw, organic chocolate bars to which I am so lovingly devoted, are, shall we say 'generously proportioned' (you certainly wouldn't want to call them 'large' in these PC times). I weighed one. Don't ask me why I weighed it. I was just standing by the scales, bar in hand and put it on there, absentmindedly. Then I raised one eyebrow, unwrapped the bar, and weighed it again. I don't want to say it too loudly, in case the Loving Earth people get wind of it and mend their wickedly wonderful ways, but those bars are all about 20g overweight. That's FINE BY ME, except it does mean that each bar is about 120 calories more energetic than I had thought, and that was an alarming discovery.

Tomorrow is another upper body workout and a day of zen-like calm attention to my work and study activities. Ohmm.

*The NCR is a report that we use in compliance to indicate a Non-Conformance. It stands for 'Non-Conformance Report' and I'm going to use it for Non-Conforming days. The NCR pairs with a CAR or Corrective Action Report, which also seems relevant to keeping on track. Perhaps I'll fill one out next time I do a NC and submit it to management ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment