body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, August 15, 2009

4/126

Day four had two big challenges... an unexpected 'away from home and hungry' moment and a big party.

Breakfast was a bit trickier than usual due to the lack of essene bread. I grabbed a homemade protein bar and half a meat patty from the night before (unorthodox, but .. well, I was in a hurry). We then headed out to get such things as silver hairspray and white eye makeup for the 'winter wonderland' party. This took longer than expected and at about 1.30pm I was in Starbucks feeling really growly in the stomach. I decided to try their 'Perfect Oatmeal' with the dried fruit and nuts. Oats are not a recommended food on the type 0 diet, but you can have them 'infrequently' and in this case I think it was the best choice, even if I got a few funny looks... 'doesn't she know it's lunchtime??'. I also added a decaf, soy cappuccino because I'm supposed to be avoiding dairy products. I'm also supposed to be avoiding all coffee, even decaf. I never claimed to be perfect.

Later in the afternoon I muched a re-heated meat patty, had some raw carrots and figs and then got into my outfit. That's when I started to have a 'fat day' and felt that dangerous fathead mindset coming on. You know, if you put on a white velveteen dress, there is a fair chance that you might show a) vpl and b) a tummy bulge. It was messing with my head. No matter what I did with my hair I didn't feel pretty. I was getting a bit funky and felt like I'd rather not go because, in that head space, I'm very prone to either drink a lot or munch a lot because, what the hell. Instead I made my plan, had dinner (venison shank and veges) before we left and, once we got there, made a point to involve myself in the activities (dancing and wii-snowboarding) and talk to people. As soon as I got there I made a toilet break to calm myself and, in the different lighting, suddenly I looked quite slinky and felt better. Maybe they have a magic mirror in that room. It's amazing how much feelings can change just from a change in perception. I had three wines over the evening, which was borderline too many, but by the end of the night was drinking soda water and feeling like I'd made a success of it.

Calories for the day were bang on 1800. No training, just dancing and shoppercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment