body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, August 22, 2009

11/126

I've more or less settled into a routine of four meals a day. Three meals at about 400 calories and 600 calories at dinner. That's just not difficult. I don't get toooo hungry between meals and I actually feel like I've eaten something when I do eat. Also, I'm not always thinking about food, as I was on the six mini-meals plan.

Today:

1. Leftover chicken on essene bread
2. Soy cappuccino, 2 squares chocolate (uh - was not decaf, mostly because I just forgot to ask)


3. Green omlette with 20g goat feta. The omlette had spinach, garlic and mushrooms in it. I sprinkled some turmeric in with the eggs.


4. Kumara and fish soup. This was delicious. I used cumin and turmeric as the spices along with a little sea salt with kelp. The technique is:

Cube and boil two large kumaras and a parsnip
Sautee the fish (about 200g) and a chopped up onion in olive oil
Let it all cool a bit then blend it in small batches, adding some cumin, turmeric, ginger powder and sea salt. Add water to bring it to the right consistency. My blender has a little valve on the top that can be loosened to allow steam to get out. You need to let the steam out somehow or you can get a scary and painful (and smelly) explosion.

Return it all to the pot for reheating.

Stir in some butter and soy sauce.
Butter is allowed 'infrequently' on the BTD, but I figured with all those awesome beneficial foods in there (ginger, turmeric, kumara, kelp, fish) I'd be fine. I've noticed that my taste for salt is reducing. I used to like salt on everything but lately I don't want it so much. Perhaps it really is true that the tastebuds return to liking a more natural flavour. I noticed last night that the chicken tasted naturally salty enough, even though everyone else was adding salt and condiments.

After dinner I had some more of that raw, organic chocolate. I think I'm going through an infatuation phase with it. *I *heart* my raw organic handmade chocolate from Australia*.
Calories: about 1700

No comments:

Post a Comment