body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, October 31, 2009

81/126

I went to bed last night thinking that I'd be waking up with Saturday morning regret due to the amount of wine that was consumed last night (I'd say three glasses all up but I tend to have half glasses and may have lost count). I know that early in the evening I sensibly delegated driving duties to The Programmer, which naturally gave me license to have another half glass or three. I have to give myself some gold stars though because, yet again, I was feeling very much in the mood to murder a deep fried mars bar, but didn't.

To my great surprise, this morning my head was fine. Organic wine doesn't seem to kick so hard the next day, but that's no excuse to become (even more of) a lush. I'm intending to have a vino-free week and keep it to two glasses on a Friday from this point on.

I got a load of cacao beans for Sana Direct and of course, had to give them a taste test in my morning smoothie. They are exactly as expected, tasty and full of marvellous theobromine. The smoothie also contained hemp milk, banana, agave syrup and a raw egg. I can't even tell you how delicious it was. It should be a sin, a delicious sin.

Lunch was fish and veges baked in the oven. The veges are fava beans (beneficial for type O's) and mushrooms with some oil. I'm kind of conflicted about fish and shellfish. I want to eat more fish and less red meat, but I'm hyperaware of the risk of contamination. It's not just mercury that concerns me (although it certainly does) but also arsenic, cadmium, other heavy metals and PCB residues - all of the things I get the Omega 3 capsules tested for. I've had reassurances from Sealord that their frozen, bagged fish is low in mercury (less than 2 ppm) but I'm not sure what the regulation is. Do they have to test every batch? I can sense a future mission coming my way.. investigate mercury levels in supermarket fish and shellfish. With lunch I had my Omega 3's and Glucosamine.

My mid afternoon snack was rather hefty, about 400 calories of Lara Bar. That's 200 calories before my bike ride (I rode to my sisters to get my car) and 200 calories when I got back home and was feeling ravenous.
Dinner was a reheated beef braise that I've been hoarding in the freezer for a few weeks. My idea with meat is to just eat less of it, relative to the veges. I think the whole plate comes to about 550 calories, with 50 of those coming from the pepitas in my salad (calorific little pieces of crunchiness). I made some baked kumara slices in oil, there's salad and baked veges. With this in me, I can even resist the lure of the halloween candies.
Tomorrow, the Wednesday weigh in. Yes, it's Sunday. It's been that sort of week.

No comments:

Post a Comment