body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

71/126

Today was fabulous. Under the influence of real caffeine (Espresso Wednesday!) I powered through my last uni assignment and feel moderately pleased with the result. It's a pass.

The weigh in was no surprise (uh-uh). I'm at 61.2kg, which is exactly where I started at day 1. I'm not exactly back at square one though because I'm feeling more settled into the new eating habits and less inclined to have mad breakout choc and wine sessions. Now I'm going to focus on one thing a week as I head toward a lifestyle that will see me in a less fat body. My scales tell me I'm 32.8% bodyfat, but they really can't be trusted. The bodyfat reading swings wildly depending on all sorts of things - time of day, hydration. If I'm wet, they tell me I'm 15% bodyfat...

My 'thing' this week is exercise, because it's been a challenge to fit it in and get it done. My goal is to get in at least four exercise 'sessions' this week and to just get more active. You know, take my niece to the park instead of watching brainwashing DVD's like 'Barbie - The Princess and the Pauper'. Just general, everyday movement. Eating can stay as it is this week.

Breakfast was my usual zippy smoothie with cacao beans, banana, etc.. I'm sure you've got the recipe memorised by now!

Lunch was leftovers from last night, plus an apple and a raw flax cracker. I find it quite easy to eat too many of those delicious, crunchy flax crackers made with love by the sari-wearing Lotus Heart girls. I'm rationing myself to two a day. Flax seeds are super healthy but they are definitely energy-dense little beasties.

Mid afternoon I was in the mood for a 'purple people eater' smoothie. It's packed with cacao beans, berries, frozen hemp milk cubes, frozen banana and a couple of scoops WPC. I found that the straws my niece gets from McDonalds for her orange juice are much wider than the usual breed of straw. This makes the smoothie consumption ritual a lot less frustrating. There are far fewer repetitions of the 'blowing out the chunks' procedure.
Dinner was grilled fish with garlic, salad, a flax cracker, and broccoli with a basil and parmesan dressing that I picked up today at Traiteur. There are pepitas on the salad too. Again, pepitas (pumpkin kernels) add crunch and flavour to a salad but, like all seeds, they are a calorie dense power pack of energy and should carry a *do not eat the whole packet or you will be a fatty popo* warning.
I just finished another cup of broccoli and carrot while blogging. My appetite seems to be back to it's normal, robust self, although today is not the day to judge that seeing as there were numerous espressos going down, down, down. No wine though. I considered it, but really, every day is too much, even if it's only a glass, even if it's organic. The more I read about alcohol the more I think that it's just not that good for us, no matter what attractive story the media spits out based on one sentence of a 15 page study. Still.. I like wine and it IS a living food. I don't think I'll be signing up for complete vino abstinence any time soon. It's that moderation thing, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend, peace...
    Your blog very "delicious".
    If you willing visit my blog, and read my article at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
    And... if you love books, read The Holy Qur'an please...

    ReplyDelete