body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

56/126

Today I am definitely feeling the difference between eating well and eating without much forethought. Same with life in general. It doesn't take much effort to get up early, focus on my tasks and whip up a super smoothie. Not compared with how terrible I feel when I don't bother. It's been a rough five days or so, but things are back on track and I'm just waiting for the jeans to loosen up a bit!

The day started with a SUPERBUZZY SMOOTHIE full of amazing things. It's got soymilk, a tbsp of WPC, maca, raw honey and cocao beans. This got me very excited about all those usual morning things..
At lunchtime I had my sister and niece visiting. They had pies and chocolate milk. I boiled an egg and had that between two slices of essene bread with nut butter, oh.. and 10g of 90% chocolate. Then I threw yesterdays essene bread back in the dryer to see if I could turn some into crackers.

Mid afternoon I re-heated some leftovers from yesterday, which was kumara mash, broccoli and some leftover shank. It wasn't photogenic.

About 5pm, all stressed out from the key saga, I decided that I needed a chocolate top up, with figs (ooo, yeah). At least I had the presence of mind to weigh it! That brings my chocolate consumption to nearly 50g for the day. That's still less calories than a small chocolate, but more than I need to be incidentally consuming! Therefore, once the keys had been located, I got on the bike and went the long way to the supermarket for salad.
I decided that seeing as I'd had quite a few carbs at 5pm, I'd keep dinner lower carb. I made a fabulous salad. It's got.. mesclun, watercress, lettuce, grated carrot, blanched asparagus, pumpkin seeds and arame sea veges.
I had this with a grilled lamb steak, pumpkin and mushrooms. Then I had a glass of wine. Chianti. Because it was there and it wanted me.
My goal at the moment it to take my melatonin at 10.30pm, then be in my office by 8am. At the moment I'm still finding it a struggle to fall asleep, but the melatonin is helping, as is the exercise. Tomorrow I feel the need for some weights in the upper body and some yoga. Also, I'm committing to 28 days no alcohol or caffeine starting tomorrow. That takes me to day 84 which is easy to remember as it's 12 weeks. I've tried to do this before and usually failed on the first day. I want to know how it feels to really get these things out of my system. Perhaps it will just lead to a nervous breakdown? Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment