body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Monday, October 5, 2009

55/126


Today was better. I put myself back on the four meals a day routine, just to get some basic structure back into my eating and that helped. Exercise was a no-show. I had planned a bike ride but it rained and then I got busy packing up some Guar Gum - a job which offers peak excitement, oh yes.

Breakfast was a Lara bar, ginger. My favourite. Lunch was a fish and vege thingy just thrown in the oven with abandon. A few hours later I found myself in Coffee Culture with Miss J (my niece) and managed to steer myself away from the cakes and toward a nice, hot green tea.Likewise it took mental effort to avoid the Cupcake Parlour and head for the meat shop to get some free-range lamb shanks. The butcher always gives Miss J a free baby sausage, which made up for the lack of cupcakes in her day. When I got home I put the shanks in the slow cooker with some red wine, olive oil, rosemary and sea salt.

Late afternoon, worn out from my second essene bread making session, I was having a serious chocolate craving. I melted some 90% Lindt and some almond butter in the mikkywave and mixed it up with a chopped up banana. That was 'meal' 3, if you could justify it's existence as a meal... Dinner was the shank, mashed kumara and veges. I put a very small knob of organic butter on the broccoli but it melted away by the time I'd removed the lens cap.
Now my plan is to down 3mg melatonin and make a start at re-setting my sleep-wake cycles. Getting up early really helps me to feel accomplished and balanced, but I can only do that if I manage to sleep. I'm always amazed by, and envious of, people that can fall asleep in two minutes. It usually takes me at least an hour, but I'm determined to learn how to do that falling asleep thing, starting with a little hormonal assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment