body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

57/126

What a day! I started on a highpoint, having mentally argued with myself for about 2 minutes before getting up and being in my office by 8am, go me! I did a few yoga stretches to loosen up, and that was the extent of structured exercise for the day, although I did a hell of a lot of house cleaning and furniture re-arranging.

The day started with an incredismoothie. It was the usual combination of frozen banana, cacao beans, maca, soymilk, tbsp WPC and pinch of stevia. It's like rocket fuel, seriously.
I started some kale chips early and these came out really well, crunchy and delicious. I'm sure they are super healthy, but the thing is, they get tastier the more oil and salt you use. So, maybe the actual kale has minimal calories and maximum nutrients, but I'm not sure about the other things. I estimate this bowl has about a tbsp of olive oil, about 120 calories. Still, that's a LOT less than potato chips and I enjoy them just as much.
Lunch was an omelette mess and a huge salad. I'm vege-ing up myself at the moment. It really helps with energy levels and to maintain that lovely clear mind that comes with great nutrition.
Mid afternoon I made some kumara 'flats'. It's just mashed kumara (cooked) spread out onto a baking tray and cooked at low heat for a few hours. They come out chewy. Then there was essene bread and nut butter, a raw carrot and 10g chocolate to fuel all that furniture moving.
Dinner was a family affair, and heaps of fun, but a real challenge. Miss J had requested spaghetti and meatballs so we made that, except I just had the meatballs with salad and some essene bread - which my mother referred to as 'dog biscuits'... Tomatoes are a definite no-no for the arthritis so I wasn't really tempted. I did have a glass of wine, but JUST ONE and a tsp of mayo on my salad so as not to feel deprived. Later,when everyone else had chocolate cake with fudge sauce, I had about 25g chocolate and then sucked a couple of 'people pops' which are additive-free lollypops. I was having some difficulty staying out of the fridge (where the chocolate lives) so I'd have to call tonight a success, even though I once again over-chocked.
And now it's.. bed time! I'm like a baby that needs to stick to my schedule at the moment. Waaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment