body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Friday, October 2, 2009

53/126

Good evening! Yes, I went AWOL yesterday, but it was all with good reason. The Programmer went on a mad spending spree and got me a new computer. Then, being a Programmer, he had to spend a veeeery long time making sure it was all speedy and up to his high Programmer standards... all done while I was fretting and poking my head in the office door every few minutes, as you do when you are an office control freak.


You may have noticed that last night was Friday night, my traditional night of shame. This week, I did not shame myself. Here are a few random pics to prove it.


My breakfast smoothie was a fabulous beast, full of berries, WPC, maca, almond milk and a little stevia powder.
I did not actually record what I ate during the day, but I know it involved a whole Tama Toa bar and more than one espresso ;-/
I noted a few times, especially when I became a bit stressed out, that my mind was giving me the 'it's Friday, you deserve to REALLY splurge' line. I politely told my thoughts to eff-off. That sort of mindset really leads to nowhere good. Instead, while shopping I picked up a bottle of organic wine to share with my mum and some of this fantastic par-baked bread. For some reason, the expensive organic shop sells this at HALF the price of the supermarket. Probably an oversight... probably shouldn't say it out loud.
This bread goes into the oven for 15 mins and comes out perfecto. To go with it, I made a beef braise with something like a kg of beef in it. It was defrosted and needed to be used.
Funnily enough, when serving-up time came, I was craving a salad. This is MY plate, white bread and all.
And.. nothing else to report. That was IT. No carnage at all. Nothing to see here.. for once.

Today I had to get my butt out of bed and pick my sister and niece up at the airport. I grabbed a Lara Bar to take with me, but instead only had an espresso. Then, while looking through holiday snaps, I ate the bar and the icing off a cupcake. Not sure what happened there. Lapse of reason.

Later in the afternoon I had the below plate of yummies:
..and, a plate of leftovers from last night. Meat and veg. I really don't know what happened to the photo...
Todays exercise was just a housework frenzy while waiting for The Programmer to release my computers into my loving arms. I even vacuumed, which hardly ever happens. In fact, it's kind of a joke that about seven years into our relationship I had to ask my man if we had a vacuum cleaner and where it might live.


Tonight I have a dinner out for my sisters birthday.. which means I must now race off to rustle up a present and get pretty. It should be a fun night! ..but not overly so..

No comments:

Post a Comment