body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goal 57, day 9

57.7 kg

Ok, well, that's better, and surprising, considering that last nights dinner was beef stroganoff - minus the noodles for me. I've been eating a bit more dairy (stroganoff has sour cream in it) and haven't noticed any ill effects at all. It certainly doesn't seem to affect my weight. During yoga this morning I did notice a bit of lower back pain, not severe, but there. I wondered if it could have been a reaction to the almost daily dairy consumption. My back pain is, according to the MRI, due to a buildup of fluid in the SI joint. As fluid accumulates with inflammation, I've noticed that food does affect my backpain. At first I thought this was just me being a bit crazy, but then I met a successful bodybuilder whom has suffered a similar back injury to myself and he told me that part of the reason he finds it easy to stick to his diet year round is that refined carbs make his back twinge. Not just me then.

Oh, I did have 1.5 glasses of wine last night. Beef Stroganoff also has red wine in it and it was just the thing. It did not lead to a splurge though, possibly because the fat in the dinner prevented it going to my head. Caffeine is turning out to be remarkably easy to manage since I found decaf beans. In the morning I empty out the caffeinated beans from the hopper. I can't get them all out, so there are maybe 10 left in the burr. I top it up with decaf beans and then use the machine as per usual during the day. So, psychologically, no change at all. The first espresso of the day is probably a half strength caff, but I'm not going to get freaky about that. At end of day I turf out the decaf beans and fill it up again with caff'd ones so that The Programmer doesn't miss his caffeine hit in the morning. I hate to think what would eventuate if that happened!

I've started back on my creaky joints mix of MSM and n-acetyl-d-glucosamine.

Eating today was:
1. banana
2. leftover beef stroganoff, salad
3. lara bar
4. citrus marinated makerel, steamed swede, salad (+ erm, glass of vino).




No comments:

Post a Comment