body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Goal 57, Day 4

As per last elimination diet, my weight is dropping steadily even though I feel like I'm eating a lot. In fact, every day I feel like I've eaten enough to probably gain weight, but it's not happening. This morning I was 57.7kg, so just 700g to my next goal. Yessss! I've got dinner at mums tonight, so let's see how that works out for the currently happy relationship between me and the Tanita scales.

I have also noted another big improvement in my arthritis, which has already improved outta sight since I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. Yesterday I flopped myself on the floor in a cross-legged position and didn't even notice a twinge. This morning I did yoga and again, that little twinge that remained in certain positions, is even littler.

I've started an 'exercise first thing' schedule, but it's hardly strenuous. I did 20 mins of cardio on Tuesday, 20 minutes of bodyweight exercises on Wednesday, skipped yesterday and half an hour of yoga this morning. Getting moving first thing is a good way to set myself up for a great day, and seeing as I'm no longer into self-inflicted torture, I actually enjoy it. I used to put myself through workouts that were hell from start to finish and that involved hours of pre-workout dread. No more!

My eating schedule goes something like this:
Breakfast: usually a banana
Lunch: Today it was a mega chicken salad (not a boring salad, but with lots of different veges), heaps of steamed kale and a fig with almond butter.
Mid afternoon: fruit and probably some nuts, or a lara bar, or some chocolate. ;)
Then, and this is why I've been feeling like a glutton, about 5pm I've been getting a hunger attack and indulging it, usually with another lara bar and some more fruit, or leftover lunch. Yesterday It was a lara bar and an apple.
Dinner: Some form of protein and more veges. On Wednesday I also had a slice of bread because it was all warm and organic and delicious and I'm trying not to be a food nazi. I was very, very tempted to scoff half a loaf of it and had to pull myself together with the 'how will I feel about this tomorrow?' cognitive technique.
Then: before bed I've been snacking on fruit if I get hungry.

See... lots of food. It's all good stuff though. I'm just going with my hunger and staying relaxed about it. I've been having one real espresso every second morning (and numerous decaf espresso's). I had half a glass of wine on Wednesday night and will undoubtedly have one tonight. Maybe two.. no, one. More than one and I'll have my head in the freezer, salivating over the cheap, nasty, maltodextrin-boosted icecream. Nobody wants to have to hear about that tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment