body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 5 of 6

Today was much, much easier even though I've been having persistent, but not overwhelming, coffee and chocolate fantasies. I've noticed is that I'm sleeping much more heavily - probably due to the progressive systemic decaf. As a lifelong insomniac, I'm hoping for further improvement in this area if I stick with the lo-caf lifestyle.

I've been reading in health journals that it can take up to two weeks to start feeling normal after giving up coffee. Great. Just great. I've also been reading that once decaffed I should have more natural energy, so I'm holding on to that hope because, right now, my energy isn't anything worth blogging about. That is, unless you want to hear about how many hours I sat on the couch reading magazines.. I've been plotting a few improvements to my lifestyle, including some achievable (rather than over-ambitious) time management and more regular exercise. I've also been having some revelations about the many ways I still use food to soothe my anxieties about.. all of those things that worry me - and I'm a very, very accomplished worry-wart. I can lie awake at night worrying about the possibility of an asteroid hitting the Earth. You know, those kind of 'can't do anything about it' worries. But then, I can also worry myself into a frazzle about the possibility of something happening to someone I love, or even get into a tizz with the pressure of deciding which direction to take my studies or my business. Of course, right now, I can't really trust my brain anyway, with anxiety being a side-effect of caffeine withdrawal and all.. so maybe I'm just exaggerating my usual level of worry. I'll let you know in a week or so. Perhaps we will see a whole new Sara ;)

Today my food has been much the same as other days - fish, kumara, parsnip, pears. Peaches are also on the allowed foods list, but they are out of season. Again I used a tsp of olive oil, which is not 'on the list' but as I'm feeding my food to other people too, I make small concessions.

Last day tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Well, you make it all seem so simple - and quite palatable. Good thing I love parsnips, pears and kumara. I foresee lots of roasted/grilled veg.

    I'm kind of looking forward to it. Am I insane?

    ReplyDelete