body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Thursday, November 12, 2009

95/126

The thought of what the scales might tell me this morning very nearly caused complete scale-avoidance. However, I know from experience that 'head in the sand' behaviour isn't truly helpful. Ignorance may be bliss, but there comes a day when the jeans don't fit and you have to face the truth. Better to do it earlier. After three days of mild but consistent overeating and more than a little over-tippling of the good red stuff, I'm up 600g (1.3 lb). This is really not so bad, considering that last night after a few vino's it seemed a great idea to start munching my way through a box of muesli bars. Upon reflection, this was not such a brilliant plan..

So, today I was up, on the scales to assess the damage and straight into an upper body+yoga workout. I wasn't hungry for breakfast, and had a smallish lunch consisting of apple, nut butter, cacao beans and my brain-feeding, joint-soothing Omega 3's.
Then I headed off to see '2012' which was predictable, but full of spectacular destruction. At exactly 4pm I pulled out a Lara bar to snack on. I find it's best when getting over a bad few days to stick to the schedule and not overthink it, just do the plan. Early evening I headed over to my Grandmothers to decorate a birthday cake, which I will have a slice of tomorrow at my mums party. While I was there I discovered a glass of wine in front of me (it's a family habit to pour a glass for a visitor) but after imbibing quarter of the glass I could feel the beginnings of an urge to become four years old and lick the icing bowl clean. So I stopped that and got out of the kitchen.

Dinner was fish, veges and a little brown rice. I made a supersalad with some sheepsmilk feta, apple and walnuts.


I figured out why my food pics always look a certain way. It's because I pile stuff on the plate and usually use a bowl because it prevents vege escapees. Apparently I need to get a little bit French and spread my food out, leaving space around it if I want my blog to look like a cuisine magazine. I shall try, dear readers, I shall try...

No comments:

Post a Comment