body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, November 7, 2009

89/126

Yay, exams are over and blogging can resume. This will be a catch up blog with foody pics and minimal waffling.

I'm really pleased with the way my eating is going. I have a long history of letting little deviations throw me off-track, but lately this is not so much of a problem. Sometimes the plan has to bend a little in order to fit my life. Today, for instance, I was in the hardware store (er.. that's another story) at around 2.30pm, 1.5 hours after lunch. I was with The Programmer, my sister, Miss J and mum. Everyone else was dying for a snack and I weighed up my options. Eat (off plan), or not eat - but wish I was (and risk triggering a deprivation splurge later). I was feeling quite peckish because lunch had been small. I could feel a little argument starting in my head and, instead of forcing myself to sit resentfully while everyone else ate, I had a small egg sandwhich and half a banana. Then I just cut back my afternoon snack a bit and only had minimal mental fuss over the whole situation. This is quite good progress, even if the sandwhich was on white bread - believe me, it was the only option that even resembled real food. Cafes are never great. That having been said, let's move right on to the foodcam.

As I forgot how much of a pain it is to re-order photos in blogger, I'll just present my little gallery in 'no particular order'. These are random pics from the last four days.

A stuffed chicken breast. Inside ingredients - a little sheepsmilk feta, onion and mushrooms. Waldorf salad, linseed crackers.
A lamb and feta salad, broccoli.
Foldover omelet. The photo makes it look burned, but it was ok. Salad with pepitas and a little mayo, linseed crackers.

Todays workout. I bought myself a new phone, which should speed up the photo loading process. The nikon requires file conversion and, besides which, sometimes it's just not convenient to heft out a largish camera. First pic from the phone. Not bad. Good enough for blogging.

Cacao smoothie and Omega 3 capsule. My standard morning crank-up.
Grilled fish and scallops with veges and salad.
A fruity, nutty combo with hemp milk.
Todays aforementioned lunch. This is another pic from my phone.
Now it's dinner time and I'll be having a couple of organic chicken drumsticks with heaps of veg. The Programmer will be having pizza, because he went on an 8 hour bike ride yesterday and is craving something carby and calorie dense, although I'm sure he just thinks of it as 'I want PIZZA and BEER'. He takes a remarkably non-analytic approach to eating and has mad enthusiasm for exercise. I shall watch and learn, but without the pizza (nightshades).

No comments:

Post a Comment