body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Monday, November 9, 2009

91/126

Today was one of those days when I just really couldn't seem to get myself into a great mental space. I'm not really sure why. Maybe the wine last night? I just felt like I couldn't handle anything, and even though I got quite a bit done, all I could obsess over was all the things that still needed doing and that I probably wouldn't get around to... I was negativising, which usually leads to overeating, and it did.

But first, the day started well. I got up late, due to a headache so breakfast was a) late and b) smaller than usual. That's cacao beans, activated almonds and a banana.
Mid afternoon I had a Lara bar, pepitas and a linseed cracker with nut butter. Still hanging in there in spite of being, by this stage, in a very moody mood.
I started to cook dinner and decided to pour myself a wine, which was a bad move. All my self control went out the window and I ate three cups of cereal, then I had a wheat bun with my quiche. It was a slip, but I can fit it into my plan because I'm allowed two 500 calorie splurges each month and it all more or less works out, with eating less earlier in the day.\

So, tonight I'm just having a think about it all. I think what I actually should have done is taken a break from trying to push through the mental fuzz and done some exercise. At least I could recognise that something was 'off' in my brain. The mistake was having some alcohol when I was already feeling weak.

Ok, weight. Good news, my weight is slowly coming down. I've got a sort of routine going where I'm doing one diet day every three days and weighing in every three days also. The other days are just normal eating. Tomorrow is a diet day, so we will see how todays splurge affects Friday mornings weight. I may have to kick myself twice, but gently.. ;)

Over the past few weeks it's gone like this:
15 Oct 61.8kg (136 lb)
21 Oct 61.1kg 32.8% (134.5 lb)
1 Nov 61kg 31.9% (134 lb)
4 Nov 61kg (134 lb)
7 Nov 60.3kg 30.7% (132.5 lb)
10 Nov (today) 60.1kg 30.2% (132.2 lb)

Still got a long way to go and it's slow, but at least I'm not going backward like I was, or even backward, forward, backward, forward. It's all backward, or is that forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment