body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Saturday, November 21, 2009

104/126

This is Friday nights dinner (pic below). Last nights dinner was great too but I didn't have my camera handy and was probably too full of vino to operate it properly anyway. You know.. Saturday night.. For the record, it was eggs benedict for everyone else and smoked salmon salad with poached eggs for me. It's not hard to work it out when you have to.

Friday, I made a pumpkin and blue cheese salad with some organic grilled beef.

Apart from that, my eating has been quite standard and I've not been inspired to whip out the camera/phone.

Today we went to see New Moon at the movies. As I later tweeted.. I'm in team 'get a real boyfriend, Bella!'. Who needs the issues? ;) Obviously the row of tweenagers in front of us disagreed though, judging by the loud sighing, groaning and near-weeping that was going on every time Edward or Jake did something truly interesting, like remove their shirt (an event which seemed to happen quite frequently).

But, this is a health blog. Specifically, what do I eat at the movies?? I packed a snack bag which consisted of cacao beans, half a lara bar, some almonds and 85% chocolate. I packed one for the Programmer too. His had jelly snakes and no cacao beans - I need to work him up to them.
Mid-afternoon I indulged in a nuked banana with melted chocolate, cacao beans, nut butter and cherry jam. I would truthfully rather eat this than anything else in the world. I should do an analysis and see if it could be complete food! I suspect not..
Now I have a plan to make a silverbeet quiche. The Programmer's mum (umm.. inappropriate apostrophe use? I must revise that..) keeps giving me enormous bags of beet leaves from her garden and I'm having trouble getting through them all. Usually I try to avoid any food that requires meticulous washing of leaves because it takes forever, but in this case it's very fresh, organic and came from the Programmer's mum. I'd better use or I might be in trouble.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment