body {visibility:hidden;} .print {visibility:visible;}

Friday, July 9, 2010

Goal 57, -14

58.1 kg

(note: I've no idea why there is highlighting on certain words in this post. I accidentally hit some random keys on my laptop when I nearly dropped it and can't figure out how to remove it!).

I've actually had a really good week. No alcohol (apart from tonight, it's Friday dinner with mum), only 5 caffeinated beverages, nearly daily exercise, no serious food deviations - only non-neurotic ones. You know, the sort where you think about adding some sheeps milk cheese to your salad, wrestle with the idea for 30 seconds and then decide to do it, in spite of the fact that it's a non-dairy day.

I've decided to get to 57 in 14 days from today, and it's totally achievable, albeit, with a bit of application. The 57 barrier has been eluding me for a while! It's like that slippery fish that keeps escaping through my fingers. However, I remember when 60kg was that fish, therefore I know I can do it. It's a matter of adjusting my eating and lifestyle a little more in the direction of the body I want. I'm thinking .. simple adjustments like not indulging quite so much on a Friday night, reducing portions slightly and, for sure, being a little less.. erm... liberal with the olive oil. Realistically, the last one is probably most important! I'm very free and easy with fats and oils. Olive oil, coconut oil - these are my favourites.

One thing I have noted is that my hip, knee and ankle are playing up. This week I have eaten far more nuts and more dairy than usual (including a cheese-heavy omelette today at lunch), so it's probably some sort of reaction to those. It's not a serious flare up, but it is bothering me slightly, especially the right knee. The joint pain I have, as per the MRI scans I have had, is caused by fluid pockets that form - apart from the hip, which is osteo-arthritic. Fluid is inflammation. Inflammation is a reaction to an allergen. So, I'll cut the dairy and nuts for the next week (which includes my Lara bars!) and see what happens, then I'll add back one or the other and try and figure out which one is the devil in disguise.

Today I found the most amazing cafe. They don't even have an internet site, but are located next to Piko wholefoods in Christchurch. They seem to make everything from scratch and the chef works in the shop. This is a major find for someone like me that avoids nightshades like they were arsenic. She was able to answer all my questions, informed me that the lentil patties contained tomato paste and that the soup had some potato in it, and served up a perfect lunch. Nightshades seem to be a real problem for my joints and for my body. Last time I accidentally ate some, in the form of a seafood chowder, two things happened. First I noticed immediately an overwhelming, bitter 'potato' taste, which The Programmer could not detect when he tasted it. Second, I felt ill to my stomach, hot, nauseas. This tells me.. don't eat that.

Ok, buckle up. It might be a bumpy ride but that 57kg barrier is going down! Then I'm only 5kg from my ultimate goal weight, where I'll suddenly be rich and gorgeous, motivated and perfect in every way. ;-) Obviously.

*rolls off the couch laughing*

No comments:

Post a Comment